Home Page Summary (details below)
- Kitchen Help Needed - PAID Position
- Publicity & Promotions Volunteer Needed
- Lappe Nordic Ski Clothing Order Fall 2016
- Fall Programs
- Sawdust Run - New Women's Record by Jenn Jackson
- Open House - Oct 15
- NDC-TBay's Nordicfest - Nov 5
- Membership & Program Registration
- Volunteer Engagement
- Racers' Blogs
- Lappe's Race Team
- Volunteer Opportunities
Kitchen Help Needed - PAID Position
Reijo Puiras is looking for someone to help Sinikka (serve food and work the till, etc.) on Saturdays in the kitchen at Lappe. This is a paid position. For more information contact Reijo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wanted - Publicity & Promotions Volunteer
We've got a good thing going at Lappe with excellent programs and great race hosting, but we need help telling the world what a good thing we are. The Club has been on a strategic path to grow the Club, to get more people active and on skis. Our current media volunteer has just left town so we are looking for a replacement. Check out this short PDF describing the role for further information.
Lappe Nordic Ski Club Clothing Order Fall 2016
Louis Garneau Warm-up Jackets & Pants - NEW DESIGN
children's jacket & adult jacket and pants
VOmax Race Suit
children and adult sizes - tops and tights
Fitting and Ordering Dates For Warm-ups (note: please bring cheques)
- Thursday, October 20th at Centennial Park (by the chalet) from 5-6pm
- Saturday, October 22nd at 260 Fassina St 3-5pm
- Monday, October 24th at 260 Fassina St 5-7pm
- Thursday, October 27th at Boulevard Lake (main parking lot) from 5-6pm
Prices to be finalized the week of Oct. 17th. Check back here.
New Fall Program Offerings at Lappe
Two new Fall offerings are now available: Kids Running Wild for non-club members and Adult Dryland Fit Training for members and non-members. These programs create a new opportunity primarily for non-members, but also for adult members, to participate in portions of our full-season programs. Registration with more detail is on Zone4.
Sawdust Run - New Women's Record
Jenn Jackson shattered the Open Women's record on the hilly 5.4 km course at Lappe on October 8. Jenn, a Lappe Club member, finished in a time of 21:36.5 shattering the previous record of 22:10 held by Brittany Webster, a record that stood for 10 years.
Open House - Info, Registration, Ski Swap - Oct 15
- Join us at Lappe from 10 am - 3 pm
- Learn about our programs.
- Save money on club membership & program registration paying by cheque instead of credit card to avoid credit card fees.
- Purchase your trail pass directly from Reijo.
- Buy and sell ski equipment.
- Free coffee and snacks.
- Free Orienteering sessions 10:00 to noon.
NDC-TBay's Nordicfest - Nov 5
The National Development Centre - Thunder Bay is hosting its annual Nordicfest Dinner on Saturday, November 5. Meet this year's team, enjoy great food and camaraderie, and particpate in the live and silent auctions. More details are in the Nordicfest poster.
Club & Program REGISTRATION for 2016/2017
Lappe's online registration is up and running for the 2016/2017 season. This year the registration is separated into two separate registrations: MEMBERSHIP & PROGRAM.
All persons wishing to register in regular Lappe ski programs must first become Club members. With the separate Club Membership registration process, folks can now register first as club members, perhaps as a family, and then use the Program registration multiple times.
For Program Descriptions, visit the Program section of the website. For Trail pass information visit the Trail Pass Fees section of the website.
Register online at www.zone4.ca. Once at the Zone4 website, type LAPPE in the search box at the top to see all of Lappe's current registrations.
Lappe Nordic Ski Club is a "club", not a business, that operates primarily through the efforts of its members who volunteer time and effort. This allows the club to operate its many excellent programs with very low fees for its member participants. To ensure this continues, the Lappe Board has introduced a formal Volunteer Engagement plan. This plan details volunteer opportunities as well as exemptions for new members and members in the younger Jackrabbit programs.
JOIN LAPPE'S RACE TEAM!
Be part of the team!
Individualized and group training plans, one-on-one instructions and great team spirit. Check out our programs section for more information or...
Contact Head Coach Kevin Shields at email@example.com or call him at 346-8084.
Are you ready to join a dynamic group of volunteers? Read on....
The operation of the Lappe Nordic Ski Club and the programs and services we provide depend upon the volunteer efforts of our members. With the exception of one paid coach, the ski club is run entirely by the efforts of tireless volunteers. Volunteering for our club is a great way to learn new skills, meet new people and have fun!
You can help by volunteering in different ways:
- At ski club sporting events and fundraising activities that provide direct financial support to keep program, camp and race travel fees as low as possible.
- As a Program Coordinator.
- As a Volunteer Coach / Assistant Coach.
- As a Board Member
Here are a list of the key positions that need to be filled, in addition to those mentioned above.
- Club Volunteer Coordinator
- Lappe Jack Rabbits Event Coordinator
- Chief of Timing Apprentice
- Chief of Competition Apprentice
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Social Events Coordinator
- Race Program: Assistant coaches, team manager, wax/ski service technicians
Click here for Volunteer Job Descriptions.