Sept 12 (9am – 4pm) and Sept 13 (9am – 3pm) 2020.
Members and non-members welcome! Ages 9 and up (as of Dec 31 2020).
CHANGES to camp as of Aug 27 2020:
Although the Sleeping Giant Provincial Park will likely allow group camping this fall, we are not comfortable with our ability to maintain physical distances in a 3 day overnight setting. We want to limit prolonged and intentional contact per the government guidelines. As a result, we have modified the camp format to not include a group overnight stay at the park. We are disappointed with this decision, but feel it is in the best interest of our families.
Instead, we will offer a 2 day camp. Both days will be held at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. Day 1 will be from 9:00 am and to 4:00 pm and will have the following approximate format: Arrival, Session 1, Group Chat, Session 2, Swim. Day 2 will begin at 9:00 am and include a longer day on the trails. The end time will be flexible, but likely between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
We ask each family to either return to Thunder Bay, or arrange their own accommodation/camping at the park. The cost of the camp will be $15 per participant.
Park parking permits ($15.50/ day) can be purchased from the Park directly for each vehicle staying at the Park.
- 3 or more litres of water and one container to carry with you
- all the food you will need for the day
- a watch
- a change of training outfits for the afternoon
- change of clothes for after training
- sun hat, sun glasses, sunscreen,
- rain gear
- towel and swimwear
- running shoes (2 pairs if you have them)
- ski walking poles
- warm clothes if forecast calls for it (gloves, toque, jacket..)
- notebook/ notepad and something to write with
- a mat to exercise on (yoga, foam, tarp, towels)
- Likely For Sunday (12 and under): Bicycle, helmet, lock, a way to carry your snack and water
Please email [email protected] for any questions.