We are pleased to let you know that our 2022/2023 Club membership and program registration is now open!!
For many, it may feel like we haven’t even really said goodbye to last season (yes, there are still people skiing at Lappe!) It’s a long way off until winter, but Lappe Nordic Ski Club (LNSC) has many spring, summer and fall program options and we invite you to check them out.
For all program and club information, the best source is always our club website: www.lappenordic.ca. Whether you are a novice, an intermediate, or a more advanced skier, LSNC has a program for you.Check out the program options for 2022-23, as well as the program pricing for easy comparison on the fees page of the website.. You can also always check out our club google calendar to know what is happening.
When you are ready to register, head over to Zone 4. We know the registration can seem a bit overwhelming, but we try to make it as user-friendly as possible, while at the same time providing the huge variety of program options available.
Head Coach Eric Bailey will be hosting an information meeting for club members interested in our programs on Tuesday May 10th at 7PM on Zoom. This meeting is for everyone interested in LNSC programming. All members are welcome to join and ask question, however the focus is on participants 12 & up (e.g. Track Attack athletes/parents interested in transitioning to the Yeti program, Yetis, Fit/ Race Team members and Masters). Also, please invite anyone you know of that might be interested in joining one of our programs.
Here is the Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 838 2564 6546
What’s new this year?
- Redesigned Development Team – Yetis
Focus: Athletes ready to bridge from Track Attack to the Race team. Some will attend Ontario Youth Championships and/or Ontario Winter Games.Emphasis on speed, games, relay races, adventure skis to encourage time on skis and technique development. With a dedicated coach, sessions will rotate and run alongside both the Race/Fit teams and Track Attack athletes. Ages 12 to 14
- Youth/Adult Fit now has a new name: The Fit & Fast Team
But the goal remains the same: Challenging training for fun, fitness and self-improvement. Emphasis is on improving ski skills, technique and fitness without specific performance goals – racing is optional. Training occurs alongside race/performance team sessions. Ages 14 – 29 years of age
- Masters Training Group
Focus: Master skiers (aged 30 and older) looking to improve their ski performance with challenging but fun group training sessions with the Head Coach. Standalone session – on snow – from 12:00 to 2:00 on Saturdays (minimum 12 athletes required for this separate time) with the second session integrated with the Race/Fit teams on Tuesday evenings.For those that wish to train year round, sessions will be concurrent with the Race/Fit teams during the dryland season.
- Lappe Performance Team
Focus: This is for the serious racer who is ready for a high level of commitment to skiing. There is a required intake meeting with the Head Coach, parent and the athlete to ensure readiness resulting in a signed letter of intent. LSSD District Series, OCUPS, World Junior Trials, Nationals and Ontario Ski Team
What’s the same?
- If you are a family or a couple, we encourage you to join the club as a family (or couple) even if you are only registering one athlete at a time, or not planning to register for a program at all. The additional cost to do so is minimal and it supports the club financially and helps the club access funding and grants for coaches and programming. In addition, it makes it easier when you return to the registration to add on programming later in the year. You don’t have to remember who is registered for what!
- You can register for one program now (example: Kids Running Wild) and another program later (example: Jackrabbits). All you have to do is hold on to your receipt number which is emailed to you from zone4 after your initial registration.
- If you want to register in a program, volunteer on the Board of Directors or as a coach, vote at the AGM, or apply for a race license, you need to be a full club member.
- Amazing coaches, BOD, staff and volunteers offering amazing sport-for-life programs and events 🙂
Our Annual General Meeting will be Monday, June 6, 7pm on Zoom. All are welcome to attend. As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel welcome to email Brook Latimer, our club Program Manager at [email protected], or Stephanie Marler, our Club President at [email protected] .