September 23, 2020 COVID Update
Dear Lappe Nordic Ski Club Members and Program Participants,
We are so lucky to be offering programming that is healthy and outdoors. However, we can’t ignore the reality that COVID-19 may at some point impact our members. According to current Public Health guidelines, we will be asked by the Thunder Bay District Unit may be asked to suspend a Club program if a member of that group tests positive for COVID-19. Currently, we would only know if a member tested positive for COVID-19 once Public Health has provided that information to us, or if the individual who tested positive lets us know.
In order to keep our families safe, Lappe’s board of directors is taking steps to prepare for effective communication and protocols if COVID-19 should affect one of our members and their immediate family. To that effect we encourage program participants to tell the club by emailing Rena Viehbeck, Program Manager ([email protected]) and Stephanie Marler, Club President ([email protected]) if a program participant or any member of the family living at the same address tests positive for COVID-19. We will not reveal the identity of the individual or family specifically in any communication, but this information will be used to provide timely communication to group members.
Based on current guidelines, with this information, we commit:
1. If the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 is a participant in a Lappe program, to immediately contact Public Health for guidance, and review suspending practices for that group for two weeks.
2. If a family member of a Club program participant tests positive for COVID-19, to communicate to that participant’s program group that there has been a positive COVID-19 test in the household of an athlete. We are not required to suspend practices. However, we want to give each family the choice as to whether they continue to participate at group sessions.
We remind everyone to follow Public Health, XCSO and Lappe Nordic’s Safe Play guidelines which include:
● physical distancing of 2m maintained throughout activities,
● personal use of face masks for when physical distances can’t be kept,
● regular hand sanitation,
● to not attend Club programs if:
○ recently tested for COVID-19 due to symptoms and are currently awaiting test results,
○ experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, or if you have been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone who is confirmed to have COVID-19.
Working hard to keep you safe while enjoying outdoor group physical activity,
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Lappe Nordic Ski Club, Stephanie Marler, Club President